Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
Moving4ward Ministries is a trained facilitator of Darkness to Light's Stewards of Children education program. To coordinate a Stewards of Children training with your organization or group, or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
What is Stewards of Children?
Darkness to Light's Stewards of Children is a revolutionary sexual abuse prevention training program that educates adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse, and motivates them to courageous action. The Stewards of Children program is designed for organizations that serve children and youth, and any/all adults interested in protecting children. This program recognizes that adults are responsible for the safety of children.
Why Stewards of Children?
- 1 out of 3 girls, and 1 out of 5 boys will be sexually abused before the age of 18.
- 90% of survivors know and trust their abuser
- There are over 39 million child sexual abuse survivors in the U.S.
- Education and prevention are necessary keys to help fight sexual abuse.
What Does the Training Include?
- The training is led by a Darkness to Light authorized facilitator enabling interaction, insight and compassion.
- An interactive workbook and accompanying 1 ¼ hour VHS/DVD integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing, with segments from the author of the curriculum and from professionals who interface daily with the problem of sexual abuse.
- Darkness to Light's® 7 Steps to Protecting Our Children: A guide for adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Opportunity for discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents.
- The simple principles of choice, consciousness, personal power, and relentless compassion to motivate individuals to action.
- A curriculum that is direct about holding each adult accountable and the support necessary for personal change, taking into consideration any fears or concerns.
Learn more about Darkness to Light and Stewards of Children by clicking on the following link http://www.darkness2light.org/.