Group meetings are not design to take place of professional therapy, but to be a peer Christian support group.
The members of Moving4ward Ministries are not licensed counselors, nor are we professional therapists. We do not offer any advice. We are here to support you emotionally, and especially spiritually. We believe that healing is not only a natural process, but there is a spiritual process as well. We strongly believe in the healing power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are not here to judge you, but to allow a safe place where you can share, be encouraged, and loved. We understand the emotions that go along with this type of abuse, and we will be here with you through your healing process. We do offer a list of professional resources to assist in your journey. Healing is a process and each individual journey will not look the same.
SHELTER FROM THE STORM
Shelter from the storm is a more advanced 12-14 week Christ-centered support class that offers hope and healing for survivors that are ready to take a serious journey into their healing. Shelter is a structured environment and can have no more than 8 participants, and will be facilitated by an assigned senior leader of Moving4ward Ministries. It is designed to dig deep into the root of the issue of sexual abuse. Professional counseling is required for each participant that is attending. Each participant will received a workbook with assignments for each class. The curriculum is titled Shelter From the Storm, and was created by professional counselors Cynthia Kubetin and James Mallory M.D.
The goals of the class are as follows:
- Offer caring, support, and encouragement.
- Offer unconditional love and acceptance.
- Offer a safe and trusted place for wounded people to tell the truth.
- Offer an environment to express feelings openly.
- Offer freedom to identify options and make decisions.
- Offer a safe place to take the time needed to recover.
- Offer an opportunity to expose hurtful experiences and unmet needs without being misunderstood or criticized.
- Offer a place to experience accountability to yourself and to others.
- Offer an experience of the mercy and wisdom of God and the healing power of prayer.
- Offer hope and healing.
- Offer community to those who have felt alone in their grief and pain.
If you are interested in joining one of our support groups or would like more information, please either complete the form below or call our office at 314-329-7440.